We know that a lot of the data is out of date, as it has been collected from a variety of sources. Updates are welcome and encouraged.
Please send patches for lists.json (available below) as unified
diff -u) to webmaster at perl.org or
(preferred) via a pull request against
Here's a suggested workflow:
cp lists.json lists.json.old cp lists.json lists.json.new edit lists.json.new validate.pl -d lists.json.new > lists.json diff -u lists.json.old lists.json
- All tags should be sorted. (i.e.
- Top level keys should match
- archive, nntp, rssfeed may be lists.
- Create a "short description" and "long description" for each list.
- Mark inactive lists as such.
- Move categorization into the JSON file (maybe a "tags" element?) instead of hardcoding in the templates
- Add missing lists. (There are some lists linked on the category pages that aren't in the JSON file, as well as lists we just don't know about.)
- Write an automated archive-scraper for updating the "last message" timestamp?
- Do we want to add all public perl monger lists? If so, write a script to sync.